About Tier 1 Institute
The first multispecialty institute of its kind in the region
Patient Portal Login
Complete new patient paperwork, update old forms, schedule appointments and pay bills.
Learn more about our specialties and procedures.
Meet the Physicians
Learn about our board-certified orthopedic surgeons.
ABOUT TIER 1 INSTITUTE
Tier 1 Orthopedic and
The first multispecialty institute of its kind in the region, Tier 1 Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Institute came about when eight physicians from four separate specialties decided to join to offer their award-winning care in one state-of-the-art facility.
Now, patients seeking exceptional orthopedic, neurosurgical, and nonsurgical spine and sports injury care have little reason to look to larger cities for this level of treatment because it’s all available in one convenient location close to home, with no referrals required.
At Tier 1, our mission is to put the needs of our patients first by offering the highest level of care, comprehensive treatment options, one-stop convenience, a friendly staff and a comfortable atmosphere. We look forward to serving you.
- 1977 – Upper Cumberland Orthopedic Surgery opens at 404 N. Hickory Ave. in Cookeville.
- 1987 – Dr. Carl Hollmann joins Upper Cumberland Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1992 – Dr. James McKinney begins practicing orthopedic surgery in Cookeville.
- 1997 – Dr. Joseph Jestus establishes Cumberland Spine & Neurosurgery at 145 W. Fourth St. in Cookeville.
- 2000 – Dr. John Turnbull joins Upper Cumberland Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2004 – Dr. Greg Roberts joins Upper Cumberland Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2004 – Dr. Joseph Jestus performs the area’s first minimally invasive spine surgery.
- 2012 – Tier 1 Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Institute opens at 105 S. Willow Ave. in Cookeville.
- 2017 – Tier 1 physical therapy opened at 317 W. Spring St.
- 2018 – Dr. Ken Grinspun joins Tier 1 as an orthopedic surgeon.
- 2018 – Dr. Shawn Stachler joins Tier 1 as an orthopedic surgeon.
- 2018 – Tier 1 MRI opens in the north building at 335 W. Spring St.
- 2018 – Tier 1 Orthopedic and Neurosurgery opens in Crossville at 35 Taylor Ave.
- 2019 – Dr. Chris Juels joins Tier 1 as a surgical foot and ankle specialist.
- 2020 – Dr. Derek Worley joins Tier 1 as a sports medicine physician.
- 2020 – Dr. Walter Jermackowicz joins Tier 1 as a neurosurgeon.
- 2020 – Dr. David Burstedt Joins Tier 1 as a interventional pain physician.
Meet Our Team of Experts
Tier 1 Cookeville
Tier 1 North
Tier 1 Crossville
At Tier 1, we bring together the best in orthopedic, neurosurgical, and nonsurgical spine and sports care right here in the Upper Cumberland.