Tier 1 Neurosurgery
Bringing state-of-the-art neurosurgical techniques to the Upper Cumberland
Patient Portal Login
Complete new patient paperwork, update old forms, schedule appointments and pay bills.
Learn more about our specialties and procedures.
Meet the Physicians
Learn about our board-certified orthopedic surgeons
Five-Star Rated Neurosurgery for Neck and Back
Tier 1 Neurosurgery brings state-of-the-art neurosurgical techniques to the Upper Cumberland and surrounding areas for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders affecting the brain, carotid artery, spinal cord and nervous system, as well as degenerative spine conditions.
- Providing comprehensive, state-of-the-art neurosurgical care in a local setting for the patients of our region. These services include microneurosurgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, stroke surgery and advanced spine surgery, as well as brain and spine trauma care.
- Providing neurosurgical update information for physicians and allied health professionals, and providing a dependable source of neuro education for patients and the regional community.
We look forward to building productive, enduring relationships with our community’s neurosurgical patients.
- Brain Tumors
- Spinal Tumors
- Herniated Discs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Chiari Malformations
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar Neuropathy
- Peroneal Neuropathy
- Carotid Occlusive Disease
- Cerebral Aneurysms
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Specialties & Procedures Video
Choose your topic below to learn more about our specialties and procedures.
- Aneurysm Clipping
- Burr Hole Drainage for Subdural Hematoma
- Craniotomy for Intracerebral Hematoma
- Craniotomy for Subdural Hematoma
- Craniotomy for Tumor
- Craniectomy for Chiari Malformation
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Microvascular Decompression for Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Transsphenoidal Surgery for Tumor
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt for Hydrocephalus
- Lumbar (Lower Back)
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Percutaneous Kyphoplasty
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdecompression
- Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Spinal Fusion (TLIF)
More Helpful Information
Because our patients are, first of all, your patients, we are dedicated to communicating with referring physicians in a timely, professional way. We strive to provide updates on the status and treatment of your patients efficiently and quickly through written correspondence, phone calls and faxed information. Dr. Jestus welcomes your calls for consultation. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can better serve you and your patients.
To refer a patient for an appointment, your office may call us at (931) 372-7716 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Patients may register and complete their new patient forms at any time before their visit through our online patient portal. If forms are not completed before the first visit, the patient will be given forms to fill out during their visit.
If hospitalization is required, patients will be admitted to Cookeville Regional Medical Center (CRMC) with continued care from our physicians. CRMC has undergone rapid growth, especially in the area of specialty surgical services. CRMC’s available specialties include vascular surgery, cardiac surgery and plastic surgery, in addition to neurosurgery, complementing the larger practices of general, orthopedic and urologic surgery.
In Case of Emergencies
If patients encounter an emergency at a time other than regular office hours, they should call 911 or proceed directly to the emergency room of Cookeville Regional Medical Center.
Before Your Visit
We want to answer as many questions as possible during your visit. Please prepare for this by bringing the following:
- A list of all medications you are taking
- A list of your questions/concerns for the physician
- A copy of your X-rays/CT/MRI scans (not the reports – please get the actual films copied onto a CD) unless they were performed at Cookeville Regional Medical Center or Premier Diagnostic in Cookeville. In this case, we will obtain copies prior to the day of your appointment.
- If needed, a friend or family member to take notes/help with questions
- Your health insurance card(s)
- Your co-payment
Medicare Advantage Plans
Due to the ever-changing array of Medicare replacement policies you have to choose from, we suggest you call your plan directly to see if our physicians are contracted.
Partial list of insurance we accept:
- Medicare (traditional)
- Blue Cross PPO
- Cigna PPO
- United Healthcare (most plans; call your insurance for verification)
- First Health
- Blue Grass Family Health (including Signature Health Alliance)
- Workers comp (Your adjuster must initiate your first appointment; call Darlene at (931) 372-7716 or email her at email@example.com.)
- Humana (Medicare only) HMO/POS/PPO/PFFS
- Health Spring (Medicare only)
Office hours are 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is closed on all legal holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas eve and Christmas day.
Our Team of Expert Physicians
Tier 1 Cookeville
Tier 1 North
Tier 1 Crossville
At Tier 1, we bring together the best in orthopedic, neurosurgical, and nonsurgical spine and sports care right here in the Upper Cumberland.